Information We Collect
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal data, such as your name, phone number, location, payment information, and email address when you register for our Service, sign up for our mailing list, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Concrete Remedy and any other information you provide to Concrete Remedy.
- Information we receive from third-party sites you connect to our Service. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may obtain information when you log in through a third-party social network or authentication service, such as Facebook. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. Similarly, when you interact with us through a social media site or third-party service, such as when you like, follow or share Concrete Remedy content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Location Information. We collect information about your location through GPS, WiFi, wireless network triangulation or other method in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service. We may also approximate your location by your IP Address. We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Service and then delete location data tied to your personal information. We may maintain de-identified location data for a longer period of time in order to analyze aggregate trends and metrics.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties and other users. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, and our third-party partners, may also collect certain types of usage information by automated means when you visit our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, and other actions you take on the Service. When you access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise plan for and enhance our service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Services may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Establish and maintain any account you create on our websites or mobile apps;
- Fulfill, manage, and send you information about your orders;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including the products we offer and our websites and mobile apps;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer promotions, sweepstakes, or other contests;
- Administer surveys and other market research;
- Conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our websites and mobile apps, and other products and services we offer (including to develop new products and services);
- Tailor the content we display to you in our communications, and in connection with your use of our websites or mobile apps;
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial processes, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests); and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile apps), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of our websites and mobile apps.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal data in the instances described here. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
We may share your personal data with:
- Concrete Remedy’s subsidiaries and affiliates, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Concrete Remedy;
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, including: customer service and support providers; shipping and fulfillment service providers; payment-processing providers; survey- and market-research providers; advertising partners; analytics organizations; and technology providers (including technology support, email- and web-hosting providers, email providers);
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, which will usually be identified by name in the Official Rules of the contest or sweepstakes;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on Concrete Remedy with your friends through email, text or on various social media sites; and
- The public when you provide feedback or user content on our Services. For example, if you post user content on our blog or comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our website or on our social media pages.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Your Rights and Choices
Deletion of personal data. You may request that we delete your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, Concrete Remedy may be required by legal, tax or other reasons to retain your personal information in its business records.
For residents of the European Union. If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Marketing. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from Concrete Remedy by following the instructions included in the email. However, even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we retain the right to send you non-marketing communications (such as order confirmation emails or changes in our website or mobile app terms).
Third-Party Tracking and Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps or services. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including clickstream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site and other information. We may also share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) to help us identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Our websites do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through our websites or mobile apps, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
We may provide links to other websites, services, and applications, such as Facebook, that are not operated or controlled by Concrete Remedy (the “Third-Party Services”). The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to the Third-Party Services. While we attempt to facilitate access only to those Third-Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of those Third-Party Services. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of any Third-Party Services before providing any information to or through them.
Data Storage and Transfer
Concrete Remedy maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure the security of the personal data.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose.
Contacting Concrete Remedy
Effective Date: September 1, 2018